Monday, July 21, 2014

2 years later...

Woahhhh first off.. it has been way too long since I posted a blog. OOPS! Life has been INSANE! But before going into that awesome chaos.... back to the point of this post...

Two years ago this month.. I was moving across the country to Sacramento. I sold my truck & almost everything I owned and packed up the rest... Moving away from my job & the bit of photography business I had in KY/TN... I wasn't sure what Cali would have waiting for me (besides my amazing fella of course!).... It was hard, so hard I almost let go of photography.  It's hard to even type that now because I've since then fallen in love with photography more than ever before... I can't imagine not having it in my life. 










Two years later after moving multiple times to Washington & back to Sacramento...  my business is booming more than ever before, and literally all over the country (& out!). I pinch myself every day ... I am so thankful this is my job! My passion! I can't believe I ever considered letting it go. But to be completely honest... I think that maybe it had to happen that way. I had to almost loose it, to realize how much I needed it. How much it is part of me. Photography has my heart, forever! 

I have made so many new friends through this amazing job. Sometimes it is hard to even call it a "job".... because I truly love every day of it! I am head over heels in love with "going to work". Whether it be a kiddo session covered in dirt & drool.... or getting to capture one of the best days in 2 peoples lives... their wedding day! I leave every session feeling like I have made new friends. New clients turn into life long friendships...  


What sparked the idea of writing this blog actually happened yesterday as I was driving home from an engagement session in Folsom, Cali. (Right outside of Sacramento). I was driving home from WORK. A job... I have a job... in Sacramento. Two years ago... I was in a weird head space, without a job... and almost giving up photography... and here I am, 2 years later - driving home... from work. From my photography job... that I am madly in love with....a job that continues to literally make my dreams come true... by taking me all over the world and bringing new amazing people into my life. I will never let it go!














xoxoxo
steph
www.shinesphotography.net





No comments:

Post a Comment